Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Options

OK, I believe I have completed all the details for week one in LIS 568. Well, I still have to register for iSafe program. I have never blogged before, so it will take some time for me to get comfortable with it. I am excited to see if this is something I will get hooked on. I joined Facebook just a few months ago and am amazed at how much I enjoy it now. I have found many old, new and current friends and like to hear about most of the things that they are doing, even if some post needless statements too often. I have also enjoyed the information and links that my friends post for others to check out. I used to check my email several times a day looking for personal connections, but all I seem to get are automatic news messages from my sons' schools and organizations, UB list serve information, advertisements and solicitations from banks, etc. I spend most of my time in my email accounts deleting messages I am not interested in. Now that I have my Facebook account, I have a social networking outlet, something I was looking for all along. It will be very interesting how the new applications I use in this class will change the way I use the internet. I also have an iphone and find endless tools and applications that have changed the way I look for information, music and social connections. Technology is rapidly changing my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment